|(left to right) I. Somerhalder; M. Bomer; C. Pine; A. Pettyfer; H. Cavill|
|C. Egglesfield--added (10:34 pm)|
|(left to right) F. Jones; A. Bledel; M. Kerr; A. Greene; L. Hale|
|C. Belle --added 11:32 pm|
If I were given the chance to pick the cast for the Lead role of the novel 'Fifty Shades of Gray', I'll choose either Ian Somerhalder or Colin Egglesfield to portray the mysterious, 'mercurial' and sexy Christian Grey. While Felicity Jones or Alexis Bledel (or Camilla Belle) would portray the witty but innocent Anastasia Steele.
Rumors are spreading that this novel will be turned into a movie, and which my guess would be challenging to the future staff and director because as far as I can remember, the book predominantly consists of erotic scenes between Christian and Ana, which might be criticized
mostly by individuals who are conservative by some individuals. I wonder how the director will work on these scenes. Having read E.L. James' "Fifty Shades of Gray", "Fifty Shades Darker" and "Fifty Shades Freed", my mind wandered through the possibilities on the situation of the other characters encountered by the couple at the end, which I consider the downside part. The author barely gave an idea to Christian Grey's family, to Elena and his ex-husband, to Jack Hyde and Elizabeth Morgan, and other recurring characters. It seems like the book purely revolves around the two of them, but honestly, I enjoyed reading it especially the exchange of love notes (or e-mails) between Christian and Ana, which I wish that they won't cut any part of it in the movie because this would be the most thrilling part of the book. Honestly, I have no regrets on reading this book out of my growing curiosity.
I guess many readers are patiently waiting and stowing their twitchy palms to see who will be chosen to play the leading roles. As for now, in my own perspective, these people can possibly portray the roles effectively:
For Christian Grey:
1. Ian Somerhalder (from 'The Vampire Diaries' and 'Lost')
- I should say that he is perfect match for playing the character of Christian Grey for these reasons:
- his crooked smile and SMIRK;
- the complex bad boy with a soft side;
- Greek god-like body built;
- his 'melting' and 'dark' stares (as Anastasia would describe it);
- he is at ease on playing sexual roles on screen;
- many girls might
- a complete package of Christian Grey to be precise.
2. Matt Bomer (from 'Magic Mike' and 'Chuck')
- Honestly, I don't really know Matt Bomer, but as I've seen on the fan-made trailer for Fifty Shades of Grey, he's got the aura for the 'serious' and the 'formal' look of Christian Grey, and he is also suitable to play the CEO role of the Grey Enterprises Inc. and knowing that he is one of the main cast in the movie Magic Mike, he's probably got an impressing body.
3. Chris Pine (from 'Star Trek' and 'This Means War')
- He fits the playful and carefree side of Christian Grey (especially on the second book 'Fifty Shades Darker'). I can see him flying Charlie Tango, maneuvering The Grace and riding his Audi A8. This guy can fit the CEO role as well, just as what he looked like in the movie 'This Means War' with Reese Witherspoon where he played as an agent of CIA.
4. Alex Pettyfer (from 'Beastly' and 'Magic Mike')
- It seems like he's a bit young to play the role, but he really is a good-looking person and besides, he can make every female hormones rage with his presence. Undoubtedly, he would make every girl fantasize while playing the pieces of Bach if he were given a chance to play the role. I see him more to play Elliot's or Ethan's role.
5. Henry Cavill (from 'Immortals' and 'Star Dust')
- I saw this guy through the 'Dream Cast' of Fifty Shades of Grey in youtube. I suddenly remember Penn Badgley. Hihi
6. Colin Egglesfield (from 'Something Borrowed' and 'Carnal Innocence')
- Maybe I should put this next to Ian Somerhalder! I guarantee that his stare can melt you easily through his killer eyes. I really really really adore this actor from time that I watched his movie, where he portrayed a fictional character written by Nora Roberts. I eagerly believe he can qualify as Christian Grey. Well, in my own honest opinion, he could perfectly fit the role as the CEO of the Grey Enterprises AND the lover of Anastasia Steele. It would be interesting to see him playing the piano. Well, he might be a little old to play the role, but I believe he can portray the character effectively.
|Drew Van Acker (Jason DiLaurentis of 'Pretty Little Liars')|
For Anastasia Steele:
1. Felicity Jones (from 'Like Crazy' and 'Chalet Girl')
- From the movie Like Crazy, she is definitely suitable to play Anastasia: a college graduate who is crazy in love. Likewise, she looks young and innocent, in spite of her age (she's 28, but she looked like a 22-year old lady). As what I've found on one of the fan sites of Fifty Shades of Grey, many suggested that she may be picked to play the role.
2. Alexis Bledel (from 'Gilmore Girls')
- Originally, she really was my first choice for Anastasia Steele, but Felicity Jones looked more like Anastasia on the physical aspect. When I saw one of the fan-made trailers for Fifty Shades of Grey, she really is one of the top choices among the Youtube users.
3. Miranda Kerr (Victoria's Secret model)
- I don't know if the Victoria's Secret model could act. But, looking to Miranda Kerr's face, I should say that she young, carefree and innocent. I've seen her being suggested to play the role of Ana Steele.
4. Ashley Greene (from 'Twilight')
- We might see her as the cheerful and humorous sister of Edward Cullen who can foresee events in the movie 'Twilight'. Maybe she's a bit old for the role, but I see her as the witty Ana with unending knowledge on English Literature.
5. Lucy Hale (from 'Pretty Little Liars')
- Playing Aria Montgomery, lover of Ezra Fitz, who came to be her English teacher back in Rosewood High, I think she has also the capability to play Anastasia, being young and careless, just like how she showed the viewers of Pretty Little Liars that age doesn't really matter when it comes to love.
6. Camilla Belle (from 'From Prada to Nada')
- Portraying Nora Dominguez, a goal-oriented law student in the movie 'Prada to Nada', I think she is also suitable to play the role of Anastasia Steele for being witty and charming.